- Is there a vaccination requirement to visit Bhutan?
Although we recommend all visitors be vaccinated against COVID-19 to help stop the spread of the disease, there are now no COVID-19 vaccination requirements for adults or children to enter Bhutan from September 23, 2022.
However, all individuals (12 years and above) entering Bhutan may be subjected to random RT-PCR testing at the formal points of entry or at the worksite to maintain COVID-19 surveillance for new variants. No fee shall be charged for the RT-PCR testing for surveillance.
2. Can unvaccinated guests enter Bhutan? If so, what is the procedure?
- Yes, unvaccinated guests can enter Bhutan, and there will be no quarantine period.
3. If someone gets COVID-19 while traveling in Bhutan, what happens?
If a guest tests positive for COVID-19 during their stay in Bhutan, they will be required to quarantine in their hotel until they test negative. The cost for the additional quarantine nights and PCR tests will be borne by the guest. The SDF will be waived during the quarantine period.
4. Will there be any COVID-19 protocols for leaving Bhutan?
- There will be no COVID-19 protocols to leave Bhutan unless they are required by the country the guest is traveling to.